- Founded as a Trust
- Functioning since 2010
Avanti Fellows aims to support students from low-income homes and allow them the access and opportunity to study at India’s best undergraduate institutes. Avanti engages over 150 student volunteers in 7 cities across India who work together to find, train and mentor bright students. This training and mentorship process allows some of India’s brightest disadvantaged students to clear competitive entrance exams and succeed during their time in college. Avanti became an Atma Partner in January 2012.
Atma is excited about partnering with an NGO that focuses on higher education and works on the belief that every student should have the opportunity to access high quality undergraduate education, regardless of his or her financial background.
Partnership focus 2012-2013
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Goal: Document the formation, recruitment, induction and functioning/best practices of Avanti Fellow Chapters
- Outcome: Improved chapter functioning, ability to replicate programs for IIT chapters, ability to adapt functioning model to other University level chapter models
- Goal: Create tools for communicating about and marketing Avanti
- Outcome: Wider brand recognition, increase in trust from the IT community
- Goal: To decide on a specific fundraising and marketing model and strategy
- Outcome: Path to sustainable funding