- Founded as a Registered Trust
- Functioning since October 2006
The Foundation for Mother and Child Health (FMCH) provides preventative health and nutrition education to communities in Mumbai. FMCH educates parents of children 0-6 on the importance of good nutrition through clinics, community events, child development classes and direct nutritional intervention. FMCH became an Atma Partner in June 2010.
Without the strong foundation that is built through proper nutrition, any efforts to educate a child can only reach him or her halfway. FMCH’s holistic view of education is a dynamic interpretation of Atma’s vision of Quality Education for every child.
“The Atma Partnership has given FMCH the necessary skills and support to grow the organisation. In 2010-11, we had 175 beneficiaries. Through Atma’s guidance and professional volunteers, were able to strive for more than 350 beneficiaries and open two new centres this year. Without providing ‘stepping stones’ to navigate the growth process, we would not have had the ability to increase our outreach to such an extent.” Dottie Wagle, FMCH Chairperson
Partnership focus 2012-2013
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Goal: Manuals for functioning of all programs
- Outcome: Easy monitoring,evaluation and expansions
- Goal: Creation of Administrative Manuals
- Outcome:Clear processes for the functioning of the organisation
- Goal: Clear year planning
- Outcome: Strong organisational direction and stable leadership
- Goal: Creation of community worker program
- Outcome: Greater community involvment