- Founded as a Society
- Functioning since 2008
Masoom believes that night school students should not be at a disadvantage because of poor educational offerings, but should be praised for their commitment to learning. Masoom’s key intervention is the School Transformation Program. By bringing together infrastructure, capacity building and advocacy as well as forming a headmaster school improvement committee, Masoom is helping dedicated educators ensure their students’ success. Masoom is rating all their schools and working with them to achieve improvements in key areas.
Masoom is dedicated to the development of excellent educational services for night schools students, so that despite the odds, they may excel academically. This commitment to Quality Education makes Masoom a fantastic Atma Partner.Masoom became an Atma Partner in April 2010.
“Atma and the Atma volunteers have been a great support for Masoom. Planning meetings with Atma helps us prioritise issues to work on, and volunteers provide the hands-on support we need to execute our plans.” Nikita Ketkar, Masoom Founder
Partnership focus 2012-2013
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Goal: To document all Masoom’s programs
- Outcome: ease of replication, ease of staff training and performance, ease of communication with stakeholders
- Goal: To have meaningful human resources policies
- Outcome: Reduce turnover, increase staff efficiency
- Goal: To help Masoom create a strong fundraising department
- Outcome: increase stable income
- Goal: To ensure Masoom has the tools required to market itself to multiple audiences
- Outcome: Consistent brand and messaging