Founded as a Trust
Functioning Since 2011
Mimaansa works to address the issue of learning disabilities amongst underprivileged students. Utilizing a three-pronged approach this organisation works to support their ‘learning difficulty outreach program’-School development, Child motivation and Parenting assistance. Currently engaged with 2 Thane Municipal Corporation schools,Mimaansa conducts volunteer classes for English, Math and Science in addition to extracurricular activities like Art & craft, story telling etc. These classes enable them to observe students and their learning styles. A Curriculum based assessment tool is used to diagnose learning disabilities amongst students.
This fledgling organisation is run by a small but strong team of five trustees supported by fourteen volunteers.
Partnership Focus 2012-2013
- Goal: To create basic accounting systems and annual budget
- Outcome: Define and establish a robust financial system
- Goal: Creation of marketing tools
- Outcome: Well -defined marketing strategy
- Goal: Research and develop school program
- Outcome: Well-defined programs to enable scalability