New Resolution India is an NGO engaged in educational counselling & skill development activities for underprivileged students aged 13-25 years. The NRI model consists of two programs called “Bright Future” and “Astitva”.
The objective of the “Bright Future through School” Program is to minimize ‘Aimless education’. ‘Aimless education’. Aimless education is a term coined by NRI referring to the inability amongst many students to choose career paths in tune with their interests and aptitudes. The founders attribute this problem to a lack of motivation, good counselling, unsupportive home and school environments and a general lack of awareness about various career options. The “Bright Future” program aims to address this issue through a combination of aptitude testing, career mapping and counselling.
New Resolution India hopes to contribute to the process of creating an employable workforce through their own skill development initiative –Astitva. Having reached out to over 500 underprivileged adolescents and youth, this organisation hopes to expand its reach through a comprehensive program, including Career Counselling, Skill development and Mentoring. They also conduct workshops for teachers and parents to help create a supportive learning environment for the youth.
Partnership Focus 2012-13:
Marketing & Fundraising:
- Goal: Developing a communication and branding document and strategy to support resource mobilisation
- Outcome: Sustained channel of income and increase in brand awareness
- Goal: Narrowing scope of intervention, development of operations manual
- Outcome: To build a replicable model that will facilitate expansion planning
- Goal: Recruitment support, development of an HR policy which includes JDs, performance appraisals, 1 -5 year projections of growth in team
- Outcome: High staff retention, defined values and organisational culture
- Goal: To build a program evaluation tool that will enable program growth and requisite modifications.
- Outcome: Defined structures and systems for program revisions and subsequent expansion